Thursday, December 30, 2010

My first quilt for someone else!!!

 Well, here it is, my first sampler quilt that I did custom for someone else. There are bobo's, but I did learn allot.  Use colored thread on the colors, how to use the rulers, quite a challenge for the curved ones,  be careful with pins,  I stabbed myself at least five times.   Well, I will invest in a new extended base the round one, the one I have does not stay on flat, it goes up on the sides and catches in the top.  All in all I am pleased, and I am sure that my friend will be also. 

2 comments:

vivian said...

Looks great! I like the wavy lines-it gives a lot of movement to the quilt!

Rebecca said...

Suzan both your quilts are great, you are just moving right along. Your friend is going to fall in love with your quilting.

Vacation time is over !!

    Today I can say "thirty years in waiting"  is finished I had made a queen size quilt with these fabrics and I missed it so tha...