Monday, September 27, 2010

St. Marie aux Mines

Wanted to tell you what we did during the four days that we spent at the Carrefour Europeen de Patchwork. Arriving at the house that Philippe rented was a miracle, I was so worried that I had gotten lost, but arrived just in front of the house with no problems. The house smelled like hunting camp, which to me is not bad, but to someone else...........
Shopping for our dinner, etc, then back to the little house, unpack, dinner then off to dream land, I did sleep with the light on, really an old house with lots of strange noises.
Off to St. Marie on Wednesday to set up, boy the car was full, but it all got in, Philippe set up the machine, the Liberty, and working quite well, (I was no help) but I did do the decorating of the booth, not bad for the first time. Looked pretty good. Claudia lent us a quilt that won first place for machine quilting, beautiful, so that made the set up complete. Play with the machine a little to get to know it, then say HI to all the guys around. Off for a ride back to the house, and as usually, dinner, talk and dodo.
Thursday, the big day!! up early, on the road, and off to the show. Wow, so many people, the day went by so fast, guess the last half hour was the longest, but I had a great time. I had made brownies, so broke the ice with those, everyone was really nice, and made some new friends.
Friday and Saturday went by fast, a little rain one of the days but it didn't bother us, nice and warm inside. I saw one of the exhibitions at the theater, Kaffe Fasette and the garden quilts, just amazing, Champagne American and lots of goodies for the aperitif. We even saw country dancing, well, traditional dances. (no comment)
I was able to do a little shopping, books, books and more books, then at 6 p.m. Sunday all over!! It took us about two hours to get everything down, say good-by to everyone, and load up the car for our return. We did go out to dinner, off to the house, dodo again, and up early to clean and pack up all the rest. What a week, great memories, lots of fun, and very educational, well........Heaven!!

No comments:

Vacation time is over !!

    Today I can say "thirty years in waiting"  is finished I had made a queen size quilt with these fabrics and I missed it so tha...