Wednesday, November 1, 2017

September with France Patchwork here in the Montpellier area

September was a busy month
I was asked to give machine quilting classes for a group in 
Castries during the exposition of France Patchwork.  
Busy day,  I decided to have them quilt place settings.
So... Off to make 10 kits for the class.  
They all turned out beautifully 
I hate to waste things and it is better to quilt something that we will use and keep. 
I had made practice pieces for the girls before they started on their place setting. 
ADY and Bernina lent their  Bernina 570's for the quilting 
Started off with a button stitch to sew the sunflowers down then on to free motion quilting
I had brought my favorite thread to share
Aurifil of course in just the right colors and
at the end of the day almost ready to put the binding on !
Fun!!
Enjoy 


    
My sample that is already quilted

sunflowers on !!








No comments:

Vacation time is over !!

    Today I can say "thirty years in waiting"  is finished I had made a queen size quilt with these fabrics and I missed it so tha...