Monday, October 4, 2010

sleeves on quilts, not the baguette!

The sleeve on the quilt that I received from Shannon is different from the ones that I have seen.  Look at the corners, they are squares folded in half on the diagonal and sewn down in the bias so that the dowel will not go past the quilt and will keep it nice and snug  once hanging
Thought this was a great idea, so hope that it gives you some insight the next time you add on a sleeve.


                                                               Don't forget your label!!
It is the most important thing that has to go on the back of your quilt, this gives all the information on the quilt for generations to come.  


No comments:

Vacation time is over !!

    Today I can say "thirty years in waiting"  is finished I had made a queen size quilt with these fabrics and I missed it so tha...